The Diversity Committee’s primary purpose is to promote the Democratic Party’s principles and ideals of diversity and inclusion throughout Williamson County, TN. We work to spread the message that all people are created equal and that the Democratic Party will always fight to end discrimination based on race, ethnicity, national origin, language, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We work to establish and foster relationships with diverse organizations throughout middle TN—and more specifically, Williamson County—through outreach and community support.
Point of Contact: Robert McNamara
615-414-5531, email: email@example.com
We help Williamson County Democrats get involved in their communities and in the county party, organize for action and make a positive difference by planning worthwhile, fun events. The WCDP Events Committee is responsible for …
- Generating event ideas,
- Identifying location options and handle logistics,
- Creating speaker listings,
- Planning and executing decorations,
- Conducting event-related coordination with other WCDP Committees (e.g., Communications, Membership, Fundraising, etc.),
- Assisting with event-related volunteer needs
Identifying other area events that share common causes.
Point of Contact: Matt Foster
Click here to email Matt Foster
We provide a conduit for developing plans to raise funds that support community involvement and organizing actions. The Fundraising Committee is responsible for …
- soliciting and collecting donations/funding,
- funding WCDP-related events,
- establishing and maintaining the ability to contribute to local and state candidates
- ensuring compliance with all applicable political and campaign finance-related regulatory requirements.
Point of Contact: Matt Foster
Click here to email Matt
We are a fun, creative and technical group of volunteers with a common purpose to give Williamson County Democrats a voice and visibility. The Communications Committee is responsible for …
- enabling communications that help recruit, elect and fundraise;
- establishing and overseeing WCDP branding;
- curating and monitoring the party’s social media platforms;
- writing and sending mass emails;
- maintaining the party’s website (content, volunteer management, data management, etc.);
- Event promotion
- creating and distributing promotional materials for events.
- writing and editing press releases;
- and overseeing and conducting internal communication for the WCDP.
Point of Contact: Gilda Bailey
(615) 218-8134 call or text
The Membership Committee recruits Williamson County residents for membership in the Williamson County Democratic Party (WDCP) and works to ensure the retention of current members. The activities of the Membership Committee support the county party’s goal of achieve steady and healthy growth. To engage community members and serve the people of Williamson County the Membership Committee is responsible for …
- organizing and implementing an effective program to recruit new members and to retain current ones;
- engaging the community through outreach and volunteering;
- inputting in Nation Builder members’ basic information;
- giving information on all new members to District Captains;
- signing in and introducing all new members at the WCDP events,
- arranging for greeters at WCDP events to welcome new members,
- presenting certificates, pins, plaques and awards of all kinds; publicly recognize achievements by members and express thanks and appreciation for volunteering with the WCDP;
- planning and promoting creative ways to maintain current members and attract new ones;
- following current local public events and happenings in Williamson County and scheduling the WCDP to be involved;
- and staffing membership booths and tables at community events.
Point of Contact: Kelly Baker-Hefley