Centennial High School Democrats is a new organization started with the intention to provide high schoolers who share our ideology an outlet through which to effect change. While we are still new and gaining members, we are committed to helping our local Democratic Party in any way we can and professing a progressive ideology in order to help improve the world in which we live. Political activism has never been as important as it is now, with Republicans controlling the Presidency, House, and Senate. As the only registered High School Democrats organization in the state of Tennessee, we will voice the concerns of the minority in Williamson County, and be a beacon of hope for young people throughout the state.
If you are interested in joining Williamson County Young Democrats please email the WCDP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Williamson County Democratic Women
We hope our WCDW are having a great summer! No regular meetings scheduled until September. We'll keep you informed. Next meeting date and guest speaker to be announced by the President, Pastor Naomi T. Drake.
- to encourage and stimulate Democratic Women to take an active interest in party matters.
- to inform Democratic Women and the community of major issues in government and politics.
- to encourage Democratic Women to run for office.
- to work in conjunction with the Tennessee Federation of Democratic Women, the Williamson County Democratic Party, the Tennessee Democratic Party, and the Democratic National Committee to elect Democrats to office at all levels.
- and to endorse and actively support the Democratic nominees in all general elections.
Membership is open to both women and men. Our Annual dues are $15.00 and are due and payable by February 1 st for our membership count to the TN Federation of Democratic Women (TFDW) but may be paid throughout the year. Payable via ActBlue: https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/wcdw-tn or by check. Of that, five dollars goes to the Tennessee Federation of Democratic Women (TFDW) for membership dues and one dollar goes to the TFDW’s Jean Livingston Fund for women seeking public office.
At a minimum, we meet quarterly but other meetings will be announced at various locations throughout Williamson County. Everyone is welcome.
Topics for our meetings have included:
- Meet the Candidates for Alderman (City of Franklin)
- Voter Restoration Rights, Voting Rights and Voter ID Laws
- Religion and Politics
- Women in Politics
- Healthcare in Williamson County
- Local African American History
Our service projects and benefits have included: Gilda’s Club, Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency, Williamson County Rescue Squad, Mercy Children’s Clinic, Williamson County Child Advocacy Center, Williamson County Boys & Girls Club, Williamson County African American Heritage Foundation, local food bank, Bridges Women Shelter, and the Franklin Public Library.
2016- 2018- Officers:
- President – Pastor Naomi T. Drake, 615-364-3576, email@example.com
- Vice-President – Vacant
- Secretary – Ann P. Duncan, 615-351-4743, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Wanda Bruce Graham, 615-491-7380 email@example.com
To Print the Membership Application Found Below Please Select Command-P on Mac or Control-P on Windows
PHONE NUMBERS:(h) (m) (w) ________________________________________________________________________
EMAIL: __________________________________________________________________ or by check payable to: Williamson County Democratic Women, P.O. Box 122, Franklin, TN 37065
* * * * * * * * * * WCDW MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION * * * * * * * * * *
Payable via ActBlue: https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/wcdw-tn
This is not tax deductible.