Williamson County Democratic Women
Brunch March 18th
Pastor Naomi T. Drake, President of Williamson County Democratic Women (WCDW) announces that Peggy Monroe, Past President of the Tennessee Federation of Democratic Women, will be the guest speaker at the WCDW Brunch meeting Saturday March 18. The event will begin at 10:30 a.m. at Shorter Chapel AMEC Community Center, 255 Natchez Street in Franklin (corner of Fowlkes and Natchez). All attendees are asked to bring a dish to share.
Annual Convention May 5/6
The Tennessee Federation of Democratic Women's Annual Convention will be held May 5/6, 2017 in Pigeon Forge, TN with hotel accommodations at Mainstay Suites & Conference Center @ 410 Pine Mountain Road, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863, Call reservations @ 865-428-8350 to obtain the TFDW rate of $104.00 per night or visit the TFDW website @ http://www.tfdw.org/2017-tfdw-convention.html
- to encourage and stimulate Democratic Women to take an active interest in party matters.
- to inform Democratic Women and the community of major issues in government and politics.
- to encourage Democratic Women to run for office.
- to work in conjunction with the Tennessee Federation of Democratic Women, the Williamson County Democratic Party, the Tennessee Democratic Party, and the Democratic National Committee to elect Democrats to office at all levels.
- and to endorse and actively support the Democratic nominees in all general elections.
Membership is open to both women and men. Our Annual dues are $15.00 and are due and payable by February 1 st for our membership count to the TN Federation of Democratic Women (TFDW) but may be paid throughout the year. Payable via ActBlue: https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/wcdw-tn or by check. Of that, five dollars goes to the Tennessee Federation of Democratic Women (TFDW) for membership dues and one dollar goes to the TFDW’s Jean Livingston Fund for women seeking public office.
At a minimum, we meet quarterly but other meetings will be announced at various locations throughout Williamson County. Everyone is welcome.
Topics for our meetings have included:
- Meet the Candidates for Alderman (City of Franklin)
- Voter Restoration Rights, Voting Rights and Voter ID Laws
- Religion and Politics
- Women in Politics
- Healthcare in Williamson County
- Local African American History
Our service projects and benefits have included: Gilda’s Club, Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency, Williamson County Rescue Squad, Mercy Children’s Clinic, Williamson County Child Advocacy Center, Williamson County Boys & Girls Club, Williamson County African American Heritage Foundation, local food bank, Bridges Women's Shelter, and the Franklin Public Library.
2016- 2018- Officers:
- President – Pastor Naomi T. Drake, 615-364-3576, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice-President – Interim – Natasha Green, 615-294-7553, email@example.com
- Secretary – Ann P. Duncan, 615-351-4743, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Wanda Bruce Graham, 615-491-7380 email@example.com
To Print the Membership Application Found Below Please Select Command-P on Mac or Control-P on Windows
PHONE NUMBERS:(h) (m) (w) ________________________________________________________________________
EMAIL: __________________________________________________________________ or by check payable to: Williamson County Democratic Women, P.O. Box 122, Franklin, TN 37065
* * * * * * * * * * WCDW MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION * * * * * * * * * *
Payable via ActBlue: https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/wcdw-tn
This is not tax deductible.